Thu, 1/31: 1:00 PM
- 1:45 PM
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Indiana Convention Center
Room: Poster 18, Wabash Ballroom 2
DE AFEECTo project works with a support group to empower families, along with interdisciplinary interventions with 2e students to develop socio-emotional skills. Study cases are conducted based on information from educational records; interviews and interventions both individually and as a group, to analyze the information and establish findings, conclusions and recommendations regarding their educational process. Pre and posttests are administered to measure changes or gains in social emotional skills. Records are kept during the interventions regarding the socio emotional skills development. Parents evaluate the group sessions.
Participants will be able to:
1. Describe activities that can support students' development of social-emotional skills.
2. Implement interdisciplinary interventions.
3. Identify sources for developing a student and family profile to appropriately guide the interventions.
4. Conduct case studies based on a model that emphasizes the educational and legal perspective.
5. Conduct support groups for 2e students and their families.
Ana Miro, University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras, San Juan
Primary Topic Area - Required
Gifted and Talented
Secondary Topic Area